</lurk>
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Peters" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Luke Palmer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <perl6-language@perl.org>
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 4:21 AM
Subject: Re: new sigil

But I may have to support your code.  That's the issue.

Isn't perl6 assuming the source file is in UTF-8 unless explicitly specified differently?

Also it's quite interesting how often was Latin-1 and UTF-8 used in the discussion interchangeably; "every source is Latin-1" is marginally better than "every source is ASCII", but we can do better.

As for keyboard layouts: I don't think there is Yen sign on US keyboard either. I also use Slovak layout, which does not have backtick (only grave accent) and all sigils but % are written with AltGr. So what. I got used to it. On the other hand, there is ¤ sign. (That's U+00A4 Currency Sign -- hey, it looks like little o. If ¢ is maimed c for class, then ¤ may be o for object. Or universal-unspecified-i-dont-care-sigil.)

braňo

P.S. this e-mail should be sent in UTF-8.

<lurk>