jerry gay schrieb:

i've been thinking about ways to reorganize parrot's test files, which
are currently spread throughout the source tree. so, here's my
proposal for refactoring them, for your consideration.

all parrot core tests should live under t/. notably, this includes
imcc, and other compilers like pge and tge. i propose t/compilers/
which would contain imcc, pge, tge, et al. following this trend,
t/p6rules/ would be moved to t/compilers/pge/p6rules. glob, p5regexp,
and any other pge test subdirs would live here. displayed graphically,
it looks something like this:

t/
 compilers/
   imcc/   <--- formerly imcc/t/
     reg/
     syn/
   pge/   <--- formerly t/library/pge.t
     p6rules/   <--- formerly t/p6rules/
     glob/   <--- formerly t/library/pge-glob.t
   tge/

this probably requires modification of the test tool chain, but that
shouldn't be a reason to prevent implementation, imho. of course, the
manifest, makefiles, etc are affected, too. does anybody have any
questions or concerns with this strategy?

your feedback is most welcome
Sound good to me. 'imcc/t' is more confusing than helpful.
I also suggest to do away with t/imcc/reg and move it's test perhaps
t/reg, as no PIR specific functionality is tested.

t/compilers/imcc could also be t/compilers/pir.

Also Punie.pm Python.pm Tcl.pm should be moved from lib/Parrot/Test to their respective dir in 'languages'.

For t/libraries it might make sense to move the libraries tests next to the libraries source.

CU, Bernhard