I've spent a couple of days trying out Cygwin, MinGW, PXPerl, and other Windows based contexts, in order to build Pugs w/Embedded Parrot. I've learned a lot about configuration and little else.

Would I be right in supposing that most people working on Perl6 and Parrot development, and spend relatively little time jiggering configs and makes, are working under Linux on i386 machines? (excluding a few who have had plenty of time to get a VS6/7 or Cygwin or ... environment straightened out.)

Schwenn wrote:
Luke,

Thank you very much - that should get me more than started.

One more pointer, an elaboration, (a general one to documentation one relation of Pugs to embedded Parrot even better): if Pugs doesn't have a feature yet, like much of Rules, does it ship it off to embedded Parrot for potential help?

Thanks again