"Nick Glencross" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 1/10/06, Jonathan Worthington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would really like some feedback from MinGW and cygwin folks on how
> dynoplibs build and work for them

Works straight off on cygwin. :-) Gives the answers you wanted.

That's great, thanks.

How much info did you want about the way it builds?
I badly phrased my question - I guess I shoulda written "if" rather than "how". That's what happens when I write emails at 2AM. ;-)

[I suspect that this isn't the answer that your asking for, but it
seems to run ops2c.pl for each runcore on the dynops, and then builds
.o from each one, and then finally just builds DLLs from them (i.e.
2x4 DLLs)]

That's what I'd expect, yep.

cygwin seems to be able to use both .def files or just export all the
symbols from a DLL, the latter being what is done here.
Good. I want to do away with the .def files for all platforms we can - it's a pain as the main one keeps getting out of sync with the code. Knowing cygwin can handle exporting by decorating the code helps towards that. And I'd guess it points to MinGW handling it too as both use gcc.

Thanks for testing,

Jonathan