On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 01:04:10PM -0000, Jonathan Worthington wrote:
: Looking at what Chip said though, it would appear that the much cleaner
: solution I was hoping to find exists and can be found in lex pad stuff,
: which I need to go stare at for a bit before replying.  :-)

This is tangentially related, but we might need to think about
something like typed references in any event to enable various forms
of round-trip language interoperability.  That is, we could have
references that are polymorphic depending on language context,
so that different behaviors can be emulated depending on which
facilities are native to the language and which are "borrowed" from
some other language.  Think of something which is simultaneously a
P5 and a P6 object.  Or pick any other pair/set of languages.

Then again, if we can get away without such a facility, that's okay too.

Larry