On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 01:36:23PM -0500, Matt Diephouse wrote:
> Leopold Toetsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Some unsorted notes while reading through it:
> > *)       definition: "current namespace"
> > *)       namespace separator: "::"
> >             In this document, "::" indicates namespace nesting.
>
> As conventions, these are only here to make it easier to communicate
> in the body of the PDD.  They're there more for the writer of the
> document than its readers.  (Although they will hopefully make things
> easier for the reader to understand as well.)

I actually had the reader in mind, myself.  But perhaps it's not worth the
semantic confusion.  Once you get used to ["a"; "b"] it isn't all -that-
more confusing than "a::b".

> Python's exporter can use type() to choose with add_* interface to use
> if necessary.  It *is* possible.

Indeed, for any given HLL "L", no one is in a better position than L's
exporter to know which of L's objects are more function-like than
variable-like.  That's why the idiom is
  source.export_to(target)
rather than
  target.import_from(source)