A. Pagaltzis wrote:
* Adam Kennedy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-01-31 07:50]:
There isn't really any very good way (that I can see at least)
to ensure that an end-user gets an update to EUMM/MB, just the
module packager.

So maybe that is the fundamental problem that should be
addressed?

Regards,

It comes down to dependencies being an "at least" rule.

As long as the CPAN installer can skip over already-met deps, you get the problem in one way or another.

And for sanity reasons, we WANT (nay HAVE) to have it that way.

Solutions that can be implement without either betting incredibly aggressive to users, putting MB or CPANPLUS into the core, or going down the bundled route, would be interesting to hear though.

Adam K