"Nicholas Clark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think that I must be missing something. In ponie, src/pmc/perl5pmcs.h looks
like this:

/*
* !!!!!!!   DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE   !!!!!!!
*
* This file is generated automatically from 'various files'
* by /home/nick/Ponie/ponie00/parrot/tools/build/pmc2c.pl.
*
* Any changes made here will be lost!
*
*/

#define PARROT_IN_EXTENSION
PARROT_DYNEXT_EXPORT Parrot_PMC Parrot_lib_perl5pmcs_load(Parrot_INTERP interpreter);

To me, that PARROT_IN_EXTENSION is not helping.
Both the #define and use of PARROT_DYNEXT_EXPORT look useless here, as it is in the group's .c file that the symbol export stuff is needed in (and it is there too). Just tested and ci'd a change that removes them.

Hope this helps,

Jonathan