On Wednesday 01 February 2006 00:26, demerphq wrote:

> And I think you've conveniently sidestepped my main point which is
> that TODO tests passing are errors.

I didn't sidestep it.  I just disagree.

> Consider you have two TODO tests,
> both of which depend on a common set of functionality. Both should
> pass or both should fail. With the current model if one of them passes
> its supposed to be a good thing. But its probably not, its probably an
> indication of serious error.

That's possible, but there's absolutely nothing in TAP to indicate such a
thing.  If you want this feature in your test, you have to code it yourself,
using the return value of the test functions and a non-TODO test.

I've never come across that situation.

Having the test suite quit and say "Sorry, don't use this -- it works better
than we expect" seems awfully silly.  Again, there's already a way to catch
your (rare) catastrophic bonus tests -- capture and check their return
values.

-- c