From: Andy Dougherty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:23:55 -0500 (EST)

   On Fri, 17 Feb 2006, jesse wrote:

   > Try:
   > time svn co https://svn.perl.org/parrot/trunk parrot-trunk

   svn: Unrecognized URL scheme 'https://svn.perl.org/parrot/trunk'

   I don't know why.  I have OpenSSL installed where svn should have found it
   when building.

I had the same problem just last week.  To fix it, I upgraded to
Subversion 1.3.0 from the tarball, and discovered that you don't get
HTTPS support unless you explicitly specify the "--with-ssl" option to
configure, which I hadn't realized when I installed 1.1.3.  I don't
understand why this is necessary; HTTP and HTTPS support both use Neon,
and so I would assume that Neon is doing all the TLS stuff itself.  I
guess SVN is supplying it with certs, so it needs OpenSSL, but you'd
think it could check to see if Neon was built to use OpenSSL, and take
it from there.  Or even just probe for OpenSSL directly.  Oh, well . . .

                                        -- Bob Rogers
                                           http://rgrjr.dyndns.org/