On 20 Apr 2006, at 16:55, Michael Peters wrote:
[snip]
I'm not sure I agree that there is a difference between them. They are
both comments output by the tests. Just because one comes from the
testing routine used by the test and the other from the test itself
doesn't mean they aren't both just human readable comments on the test run.
[snip]

It's useful to distinguish between them for things like home-brew test runners - so I can accurately determine which diagnostics are associated with a particular test failure, and which ones are just informative.

Adrian