On 7/10/06, Paul Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 11:59:27AM -0700, chromatic wrote:

> On Monday 10 July 2006 11:41, David Wheeler wrote:
>
> > It's not a gift package delivered by FedEx. What sucks about "got"?
>
> It's the grammatical equivalent of tucking your shirt tail into your
> underwear before trying to get a date at your family reunion.

Wonderful imagery!

Whilst I would also like to see something nicer that "got", I'm actually
more concerned about the ordering.  I always expect to see "expected"
first, followed by "got" or "received" or whatever, and I end up having
to look at the output a lot closer than I think I should in order to get
things the right way around.

But perhaps it's just my brain that's wired backwards.

If so then you aren't the only one.

I'll repeat my earlier suggestion:

Want: This
Have: That