chromatic wrote:

Here's what I don't understand. Why is there talk of a stack to keep track of various flow control constructs? Doesn't a CPS system use a linked list of continuations to handle normal flow control? If that works there, why not another linked list of continuations to handle exceptional flow control?

I would ultimately like to see exceptions head down that road. But an exceptions stack is a good first approximation, and is at least safer than the current combined control+exceptions stack.

(CPS is, BTW, a part of Parrot internals in need of more documentation.)

Allison