Will,

I'm really deeply sorry for reverting stuff with my last commit.  It's
definitely not what I intended.  I didn't even edit the tcl (and
other) files, which is what is totally weird.  I wanted to commit a
line endings change to shootout.t in lua, but when I went 'svk push' I
got an "Empty commit message" error again and the only way I know to
fix this is to use 'svk merge -c <revision_number> //parrot/local/
//parrot/remote -m "a non-empty commit message"', then it seems to
commit everything back.  This time it threw up a whole lot of
conflicts with files that I hadn't touched, and I just used the
'theirs' option when prompted to by svk (so it should leave it as-is
right?).  I have absolutely no idea why it keeps doing it to me.  It
makes me rather reticent to make any changes and commit them locally.
Perhaps I should go back to svn, which would be really annoying for
me, but less annoying for everyone else.

Paul, did you mean to update all these tcl files with your patch with
no commit message?
No.  I used the 'theirs' option when svk flagged conflicts, see above.

If not, this isn't the first time you've reverted code elsewhere in
the repository when doing your manual merges... (and it affected tcl
last time, too.) - Please fix them.
Ok, will do.  Am very, very sorry for causing the inconvenience, both
for this and the last time.

If so, please use *real* commit messages so we know what you're
updating.
I try to use clear commit messages when making my normal changes.

In either case, we might want to review how you're using svk.
Agreed.  If you have any advice or ideas (other than going back to
svn) I would love to know.

Unable to express how apologetic I am.....

Paul