Paul Cochrane wrote:

Essentially you should svk pull before any commit or push operation, which helps avoid having to do conflict resolution.

I'm adding in spots in all caps where you should do a svk pull.

Kevin
I'm working from a mirrored copy, and my usual work cycle is:

svk up -sm looks pretty equivalent to a svk pull.
SVK PULL
svk up -sm
... edit stuff ...
SVK PULL
svk commit <files>
SVK PULL ( this one can probably be ommitted if your commit is immediately followed by a push)

(svk smerge -C //parrot/local //parrot/remote)
svk push (which used to be svk smerge -Il --verbatim //parrot/local
//parrot/remote, until I had a discussion with Coke about svk and he
said he only used svk push)

The problems started occurring with empty commit messages when I was
still using just smerge.  This is what was recommended on the svk
wiki.

Paul