You have to make abc first (the line you reference includes a generated file)

$ cd languages/abc
$ make
$ ../../parrot abc.pir
> 3+2
5

Regards.

On May 30, 2007, at 8:34 PM, andrew cooke wrote:

[OK, apologies in advance - there will likely be several more stupid
newbie emails. I am noting down what to do and, assuming I get somewhere
useful, will publish them on the 'net]

I have compiled parrot, but not installed it (give the warning from "make
install").

I have added the top level directory, which contains the parrot
executable, to my path.

Now I see:

cd languages/abc
parrot abc.pir
error:imcc:No such file or directory
        in file 'abc.pir' line 64

Can someone explain what PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH or other variables I need
(or better, point me to where this is documented)?

Thanks,
Andrew

--
Will "Coke" Coleda