Allison Randal wrote:
I'm about half-way through a quick classification of the failing PDD 15 tests (in t/pdd15oo). A number of the failures are quick things anyone could pick off, so I'll share the list:

<http://rakudo.org/parrot/index.cgi?pdd_15_remaining_features>

We're only failing 157 out of 764 tests, so we're getting quite close being able to use the new object implementation as a drop-in replacement for the old object implementation.

I've finished a full review, and only added a few more items to the list of tasks. It's now down to 126 failing tests. I'm working on taking more out.

A question for compiler and PIR tool writers before I change the code/tests for one feature: the current design decision is that class objects always return a 'typeof' Class, while objects instantiated from the class return a 'typeof' the class name. So:

  $P0 = newclass "Foo"
  $S0 = typeof $P0 # returns "Class"

  $P1 = new $P0
  $S1 = typeof $P1 # returns "Foo"

This is different than the old object model, which would return "Foo" for both the class object and the instantiated object.

The new way seems saner, but which is more useful? You can always figure out if you have a class or an object by calling 'isa' for Class or Object.

Allison