On Tue Jun 12 22:32:52 2007, jkeen <!-- x --> at verizon.net wrote:

> So the task is to write unit tests for Parrot::Configure::runstep()
> and, if appropriate, to refactor it, with that refactoring possibly
> including renaming and/or relocating the subroutine.

I've partially accomplished this; see the reconfigure/ branch.  But to
proceed further I'd like some input from users.

If you have occasion to *re-run* configuration steps, you say something
like this:

    perl Configure.pl --step=gen::makefiles

... which would re-run step gen::makefiles.  What I need to learn is:

When you run Configure.pl with the --step option, do you call it with
*any other* options?  And, if so, which options?

Thank you very much.
kid51

[I posted this on rt.perl.org but its 'CC to perl6-internals' functionality is on the blink right now. (Robert is aware.) So apologies if you got this twice.]