# New Ticket Created by  James Keenan
# Please include the string:  [perl #44315]

On Jul 31, 2007, at 10:40 PM, Jerry Gay via RT wrote:

> i do want to have the ability to script an entire configure session:
> that is, pass specific options to specific steps. this could be useful
> for cross-compilation (say, compiling on a desktop for a portable
> device.)
> ~jerry

This ticket will serve as a marker for evaluation and implementation
of this request.

particle, could you sketch out the interface you would like for
this?  Specifically,

(a) tell me exactly what you would call on the command-line;  and

(b) give a rough sketch of what a file of desired options would look
like.

Once I'm farther along on the configuration-related testings/
refactorings I have underway, I'll handle the implementation.

Thank you very much.

kid51