On 03/08/07, via RT Joshua Isom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> # New Ticket Created by  Joshua Isom
>

> After a fair amount of headaches, I finally discovered some of my
> trouble with my jit.  It seems as though r19820 changed the API for
> preserving and restoring parrot's registers to cpu registers.  The
> cause was to convert internal_exceptions(fatal) to
> real_exceptions(maybe fatal), and since internal_exceptions need
> interp, interp gets passed around.  Only i386 was fixed to handle the
> API change, and PPC's broken.  In this case, real_exception could be
> appropriate to prevent executing bad/incomplete machine code that would
> crash parrot.  If you look at the exceptions used, in i386's
> jit_emit.h, it's more a bad jit_emit.h than anything caused by a user.

Since I was unable to test the internal_exception() to
real_exception() change on anything other than i386, I didn't update
the jit_emit.h headers for other architectures in the repository.  I'm
sorry that this has caused headaches.  I did make a mention of the
fact that I couldn't update all architectures in RT#40392 which I'm
pretty sure made it to the list.  Is there anything I can do to help
out?

Paul