On Wed Aug 01 03:56:17 2007, jkeen <!-- x --> at verizon.net wrote:
> On Jul 31, 2007, at 10:40 PM, Jerry Gay via RT wrote:
>

> > i do want to have the ability to script an entire configure session:
> > that is, pass specific options to specific steps. this could be useful
> > for cross-compilation (say, compiling on a desktop for a portable
> > device.)
> > ~jerry
> >

> This ticket will serve as a marker for evaluation and implementation
> of this request.
>
> particle, could you sketch out the interface you would like for
> this?  Specifically,
>
> (a) tell me exactly what you would call on the command-line;  and
>
> (b) give a rough sketch of what a file of desired options would look
> like.

Still hoping for answers to the questions above.  In the meantime, I did
some studying of particle's earlier attempt at this
(http://perlcabal.org/svn/parrot/revision/?rev=18968).  Let me fine tune
the questions:

What, if anything, are you looking for in file-based configuration
beyond (a) being able to omit specified configuration steps; and (b)
being able to provide various options to specific steps (e.g.
verbose-step for >1 step)?

Thank you very much.
kid51