Hello folks,

I wonder if the community would be interested in attaching another
garbage collector to the parrot VM. For example, Apache Harmony
contains implementation of a parallel garbage collector [1] which is
quicker on modern multi-core and SMP systems.

If you think this may be technically feasible, I wonder if there are
any legal issues which prevent Apache-licensed component to be used
with the code licensed under artistic license.

I'm currently looking at tools/dev/mk_manifest_and_skip.pl to add GC
files to the build process. I'm also trying to dig up how
--gc=<config> option of Configure.pl works.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/vm/gc_gen/

With best regards,
Masha