after reading this tutorial you shouldn't have too much trouble
implementing SmallTalk (SmallSquawk?) :-)
the only issue is to find a proper grammar to stick with; effectively
all statements are PAST::Op( :pasttype('call') ) or
:pasttype('callmethod') (depending on your implementation, I think the
latter is better).

I understand the confusion, and my intention was to spell it as the
proper English word... but something went wrong apparently. Maybe
Squawk is a nice enough name to save for a real language, rather than
this toy language.

kjs