  RH> No one likes bureacracy. But I feel much happier about handing over
  RH> money, or persuading someone else to hand over money, to a group of
  RH> people with established procedures and collective responsibility, than
  RH> to some enthusiatic individual who promises the earth and whose the
  RH> world-number-one genius at code writing, but might also go and blow
  RH> the whole lot on girls and booze cos his cat died.

would you think damian has enough anti-flake genome in him to qualify
for a more direct donation? :) if you do and agree that damian is worth
supporting, i have an opportunity to propose. i am producing the perl
college which is a set of classes taught by damian in boston, aimed at
junior perl hackers. the college is sponsored by companies looking to
hire intermediate level perl developers. your company or you as an
individual, can be a sponsor which will support damian to come to the
states for this set of classes and also for the conferences (which he
missed last year because his funding came up short). if you are
interested contact me off list at uri AT perlhunter.com. for more info
on the perl college go to:

        http://perlhunter.com/college.html

thanx,

uri, dean of the perl college.