mark.a.biggar-at-comcast.net |Perl 6| wrote:

For me, too. But note that we should keep does the ultimate
type checker that first checks the declared presence of a role,
then falls back to a declared class inheritance and then falls
back to a declared emulation. What else should be in this check
sequence?

Do we need to consider boxed vs un-boxed,  E.G. Int vs int?

--

For designing, we need to consider

- every way you might *want* to write two different signatures
- every kind of transformation or differing case in how binding works

That falls under the first item.  Put it on the whiteboard.

multi sub call_OS_prim (int) # low-level interface code, written in C and imported. multi sub call_OS_prim (Int) # wrapper that checks for undef first, etc.
   #then calls the first one.  Written in Perl in the module.

--John