On Thursday 19 June 2008 16:46:23 chromatic wrote:
> On Thursday 19 June 2008 12:40:49 Andrew Johnson wrote:
> > No, sorry. I first saw the problem a couple of weeks ago, but that was my
> > first attempt to build on this platform. The simplest solution is
> > probably to raise the minimum required version of Perl from 5.8.0 (as
> > listed in README) to whichever version has Storable fixed (certainly on
> > Solaris 10 with Perl 5.8.8 it works fine).
>
> I think 5.8.1 is okay (and certainly a five year old version of Perl isn't
> too onerous a burden, especially given some of our other dependencies).

I haven't had a chance to install the various revs of perl and try them yet,
but ...

Looking at Storable.xs in the various perl revs, it looks like 5.8.4 is the
earliest version of perl which won't have this issue.  If that isn't an
acceptable requirement for parrot, I can try to figure out how to make the
pmc2c data structures more compatible, so the older versions of Storable can
serialize them properly.

Mark