Hi again,

Ovid wrote:
> --- Moritz Lenz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Attached is an updated version, as well as an example chart it
>> creates.
>> This is not as pretty as the previous version, but it's more
>> informative.
>> If there are significant number of failed tests, I could also include
>> their number.
>>
>> Any comments?
>
> Looks great.  However, from a testing perspective, I'm wondering why
> there is such a huge number of skipped tasks.  Shouldn't those be TODO
> tasks?  Skips are really easy to ignore and it's virtually impossible
> to know if they'll ever pass but TODO tests unexpectedly succeeding
> tend to stand out.

I thought about that over the weekend, and I wrote a small script to
automatically unfudge tests that don't actually need the fudging.

I ran this:
time perl5.10.0 tools/autounfudge.pl --specfile t/spectest_regression.data
and it wrote me a patch that removed about 8 or 10 unneeded fudges (plus
one false positive, where I broke the test file in an earlier commit,
presumably) in a bot more than 6 minutes.

I committed some of the changes to the test suite already.

Any comments are appreciated.

Cheers,
Moritz

--