On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 04:22:38PM +0200, Carl Mäsak wrote:
> Patrick (>):
> > I think the underlying conflict must be with the built-in <sp>
> > rule and that Rakudo isn't adding new regexes properly into a
> > grammar.
>
> In that case, this bug ticket has some kind of relation to #57864.
>
>  <http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=57864>

It's a little different, so I'm going to leave them as two separate
tickets.  #57864 arises because we end up with a regex name ('text')
that conflicts with a method name on Match objects ('.text').  This
one may take a little work to resolve, including a refactor of the
way PGE (and possibly Perl 6) handles match semantics altogether.

For this ticket (#58846) there seems to be an issue with Rakudo's
ability to override a built-in regex for grammars, unrelated to PGE
which is able to do overrides just fine.  So, this bug is very
specific to Rakudo, and needs fixing independent of #57864.

Thanks for pointing out the other ticket, though, so that I could
characterize and distinguish them properly.  :-)

Pm