Will Coleda wrote:
Allison Randal wrote:

...you expect 'rethrow' to keep the stack trace of the original 'die'?

Yes.

The way to do this is to add stack trace information to the Exception's 'stacktrace' attribute when the exception is first thrown, and print that out for an unhandled exception, instead of printing out the literal current path of execution. (This is why I added the 'stacktrace' attribute.)

But, the implementation isn't currently using this feature. Largely, we just haven't decided what information to store in 'stacktrace'. I'd say a data structure is more useful than a string, because it can be manipulated by various HLLs to the format of their stacktrace dumps. So, what information do the HLL developers want from the original stack trace?

(I suppose technically we should stop calling this a "stack trace" since it's not a stack. But "return continuation chain trace" is just too verbose.)

Allison