On Sat Nov 08 04:58:36 2008, bacek wrote:
> there is attached patch to factor check readonly status to separate
> function. Unfortunately I can't add call to '!CHECK_READONLY'
>  into (prefix|postfix)(++|--) because I'm waiting to resolve #59596 :)

Thanks for the patch. However, it's not really the way to go on these.
The op= cases are meta-operators, and should be equivalent to

infix:<=>($target, infix:{$op}($target, $arg))

In the (nearer) future I think we'll generate these from the op table
rather than maintaining them all by hand, but in the end the grammar
rules will parse them just as meta-operators and we can emit code like
the above directly. Then the check will fall out of the infix:<=>.

Thanks,

Jonathan