On Wed, 31 Dec 2008, chromatic wrote:

> On Wednesday 31 December 2008 12:26:07 Andy Dougherty wrote:
>
> > This is not a hypothetical what-if situation.  I have lost many hours to
> > just this situation.  See my long example in ticket RT #50684.  To save
> > everyone from looking it up, I will extract the relevant example here:
>
> Your copy and paste accidentally omitted the part where you enabled
> optimizations and disabled debugging assistance, which, as you might expect,
> made debugging more difficult.  I've had similar problems when I added
> asserts
> and wondered why they weren't working.  I'm not sure that's a problem we can
> solve.

The issue I was chasing only showed up under optimization.  That's why I
was enabling optimization.

And yes, it is a problem we can easily solve.  We can solve it by getting
rid of the attribute_nonnull decorations and replacing them with
assert()s.

--
    Andy Dougherty              dough...@lafayette.edu