No, to scrapped all the old versions off (several times ...).

-----Original Message-----
From: Will Coleda [mailto:w...@coleda.com]
Sent: 11 February 2010 00:15
To: neil.mowb...@calgacus.com
Cc: Gerd Pokorra; perl6-compi...@perl.org
Subject: Re: New user trying to compiler perl6 without success

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:00 AM,  <neil.mowb...@calgacus.com> wrote:
> Alas I need a cygwin build.
>
> The cygwin parrot package is quite old at 0.8.1.
>
> I'm surprised to have such difficulty building under cygwin.
> It seems that parrot $ make install-dev isn't installing the

Please note that 'install-dev' is no longer necessary on parrot;
'install' is sufficient [0]

Do you still have the old parrot version installed? Old versions of
parrot definitely had problems with a conflicting installed version.
(Newer versions are, I think, more forgiving about this.)

> correct things, but I don't know what I'm looking for, that is,
> what it's failing to install correctly.  To the unexperienced
> the build error provides no indication.
>
> Regards, Neil

[0] Or, in your case, equally insufficient.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda