On Saturday 20 March 2010 at 12:23, Richard Hainsworth wrote:

> In other words, I am suggesting a sort of mapping of the syntax of perl6
> so that stable areas can us be used, perhaps avoiding instruments that
> are not yet explicitly stable.

That assumes it's possible to know with sufficient certainty which pieces of
syntax are sufficiently stable to mark as such.  It's not *impossible*, and I
encourage anyone willing to work on it to do so, but it seems like a large
task.

I wouldn't have predicted that =$fh would become $fh.lines.

Manifest version number dependencies are an eventual necessity for Perl 6 (and
hopefully Perl 5); moving to that model sooner rather than later could reduce
a lot of pain.  That seems like a smaller task which will pay off much more
over time.

-- c