On Sat May 09 04:31:06 2009, moritz wrote:
> This works fine:
>
> $ ./perl6 -e 'enum A <b c>; ("abc" but c).uc.say'
> ABC
>
> This doesn't
>
> $ >./perl6 -e '("abc" but Bool::True).uc.say'
> The but operator can only be used with a role or enum value on the right
> hand side

You can now write this; it works for now thanks to the chunk of S14
about how to handle non-roles on the RHS, which are independent of
whether it's an enum value or not. It works, and passes the tests that
were attached to the ticket, plus I wrote a couple of extra tests too.
Doubtless there'll still be some issues in this area, but it's a step
forward. :-)

Thanks,

Jonathan