Hi,

thanks for your report

Am 19.11.2010 09:24, schrieb Ian Kent:
I've been trying to build Rakudo from source using Ubuntu Server 10.10.
Configure.pl ran successfully but running make always ends with the following
error:
make: *** [src/gen/perl6-grammar.pir] Killed

Am I doing something wrong or am I just missing some library or other?

I'd guess that you ran into some sort of resource limit: either the memory was exhausted, or there's a CPU time limit or something.

Could you please check that? let a program like top or htop running while you're compiling, and see if the current process uses up all memory. Also check the output of 'ulimit -a' (or post it here if you don't know how to read it.

Cheers,
Moritz