# New Ticket Created by  "Carl Mäsak"
# Please include the string:  [perl #81428]

<masak> I just got "Can't exponentiate a Duration" in real-world code.
could someone explain to me why we have Durations?
<masak> I was calculating the standard deviation of a bunch of
Durations. that calculation contains an exponantiation.
<masak> I know what I'm doing. Rakudo thought it knew better, it didn't.
<masonkramer> I'm not even sure that your failure was to spec
<masak> I'm pretty sure it isn't.
<masonkramer> "Durations allow additive operations with other
durations, _and allow any numeric operation with a number as the other
argument_"
* masak submits rakudobug
<masonkramer> So it wouldn't have been an issue for you if it had been to spec
<masak> masonkramer: thank you.