On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 3:10 AM, Frank S Fejes III <fr...@fejes.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Moritz Lenz <mor...@faui2k3.org> wrote:
>
>> We can't be everybody's darling, as much as we would love to.
>
> That's a fair statement, however ...

Let me just link to the recent blog post of chromatic:
http://www.modernperlbooks.com/mt/2011/02/unifying-the-two-worlds-of-perl-5.html
and point out the link Aristotle posted:
http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2011/02/msg169141.html

He enumerates some of the groups of Perl users that have distinctive
usage patterns.

> [frank@zino00 ~]$ echo "a b c" | perl -lane 'print $F[1]'
> [frank@zino00 ~]$ echo "a b c" | perl6 -lane 'print $F[1]'
> ===SORRY!===
> Unable to open filehandle from path '-lane'
> [frank@zino00 ~]$ echo "a b c" | perl -pe 's/b/BEE/ if /^a/'
> a BEE c
> [frank@zino00 ~]$ echo "a b c" | perl6 -pe 's/b/BEE/ if /^a/'
> ===SORRY!===
> Unable to open filehandle from path '-pe'

I am not an expert on Perl 6 but I think the fact that those things you
mentioned don't work on the command line of Rakudo is mainly as
they were not *yet* implemented.
They might not be fully specced yet either.

See the draft version of the specification: http://perlcabal.org/syn/S19.html

I am sure the Perl 6 developer would be happy if you could send
them patches implementing some of those option or if at least
you could write tests that check if the features work.

regards
   Gabor