On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 12:32:32AM +0200, Gerhard R. wrote:
> Hi.
>
> My other reply to Andy Dougherty is probably still awaiting moderation.
>
> However, I did misunderstand his problem with 'mknoisy' when
> specifying a compiler.
>
> The issue he encountered is due to the fact that compilers are
> associated with default toolchains, so switching to gcc on Solaris
> will generate a Makefile for GNU make.

Ah, I see.

> You can work around that by providing an explicit override via --toolchain.

Well, yes, but there wasn't a 'generic unix' toolchain to fall back
on.  Next time I give it a go, perhaps I'll write one.

> Alternatively, you can use --cc instead of --compiler, which does not
> affect other settings.

Yes, but that does not include various other compiler-specific
settings, such as warning flags, and there doesn't seem to be any way
to override them.

I'll take a fresh look again later next week.

Thanks for the quick turnaround!

--
    Andy Dougherty              dough...@lafayette.edu