# New Ticket Created by  Faye
# Please include the string:  [perl #126765]

$ perl6 -Ilib -MGrammar -e 'say 42'
===SORRY!===
Failed to create directory '/usr/local/share/perl6/vendor/dist' with mode
'0o777': Failed to mkdir: 13

Another example of this failure is by trying to run panda's    ./bootstrap.pl
 .

Apparently the recent CURLI merge has caused this to occur (I would imagine). I
install MoarVM, NQP, and Rakudo to /usr/local for the record, just like I do
with every program I compile myself.

I don't know what would happen if I ran 'sudo perl6' or created the directory
manually, but I'm certainly not creating a 777 directory in /usr/ (I don't
think anything in my /usr/ has 777 permissions, aside from symlinks), and
besides if rakudo really needs this directory, it should've created this when I
typed 'sudo make install'.

In other words, rakudo should be using my ~/.perl6 directory outside of "sudo"
(as it has before the merge), or create the requested directory during the
install target of make, without 777 permissions (since that can't be necessary,
or good).

Basically, I'd like to be able to run panda's bootstrap as a normal user and
have everything module-wise be in ~/.perl6/version/ like it's always been :) .