On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 10:30 PM, James E Keenan <jk...@verizon.net> wrote:

> I am evidently confused as to the relationship, if any, between the
> 'rakudobrew' utility and the Rakudo::Star distribution.

In short: rakudobrew is for the folks who want to track the rapid
development of Rakudo. Star is for folks who want something stable in order
to play with the language, and includes the Task::Star ecosystem. As Star
was cut earlier today, it's based on the rakudo that was current earlier
today (and still fairly current as there haven't been many commits in the
past few hours).

It's more or less the difference between a Python or Perl 5 release, and
installing either from git HEAD. rakudobrew builds from HEAD; Star is a
release, which happens to be close to HEAD at the moment because it was
just created. HEAD will keep moving; Star will stay stable for a while
(used to be monthly, but they're considering releasing less often now)
before the next release.

allber...@gmail.com                                  ballb...@sinenomine.net