From cdh...@earthlink.net  Sun Jan  7 19:09:12 2007
From: cdh...@earthlink.net (Douglas Houston)
Date: Sun Jan  7 19:09:38 2007
Subject: [Phono-L] Electrolas

The preference for spring motors is, as I see it that there is an anxiety
over anything electrical, and that the spring motors are easier to service
if needs be.My Victrola XVIII is one of the plain Jane Mahogany spring
motor models, but I'd be happy if it were electrical. (Electrical
Engineering is my field; no bias here!)  If the resistors happen to be open
in the universal models, there is always the hunt for new ones, though they
can be found. There are motor shops that can handle the motor problems, but
again, spring motors are "No Brainers", so they're more soght after.

As far as the Edison electrics, it's two things: the name, and the
scarcity.

to exist today.  They are like the Triumph C and G.