Hi All,

I've just checked in a significant number of updates to SlimScrobbler
all related to the use of multiple LastFM accounts. This is all
relevant for 6.5b1. Significantly I now do not distinguish multiuser
and single user, there is simple a list of accounts - if you only
configure 1 account then you're single user :)

You can get the package from CVS http://slimscrobbler.sourceforge.net
or as a zip bundle from
http://www.bpscgi.co.uk/SlimScrobbler/SlimScrobbler.zip

Here's some notes from the ReadMe

This version changes the slimscrobbler account prefs significantly, to
allow
users to go back to previous versions we do not delete old preference
settings.
The old preferences that are not needed with this release are:

plugin_scrobbler_default_userid:
plugin_scrobbler_multiuser:
plugin_scrobbler_xxxxx_0pw:
plugin_scrobbler_xxxxx_0userid:
plugin_scrobbler_password:
plugin_scrobbler_user:
plugin_scrobbler_useridlist:

YOU WILL NEED TO REENTER LASTFM USER ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD SETTINGS

How to install
==============
NB Installation instructions have changed! This is not the same as the
V0.34
release that was compatible with 6.2.x versions of slimserver!

- Place the entire SlimScrobbler directory tree into the Plugins
directory.

- The SlimScrobbler directory should contain Plugin.pm and
SlimScrobbleSupport
subdirectory along with some text files (readme etc)

- Restart SlimServer.

- Set your Last.FM username and password. Point your browser at the
SlimServer's web interface, and navigate through Server Settings ->
Plugins. You can have multiple LastFM accounts configured. Enter
your
accounts in the plugins setup section of the webpage. Accounts should
be
entered as a single string of 'accountname:password'. The first
account
on the list is used as a default in a number of situations where
account changes
render pre-existing accounts invalid.

NB as you will be aware this exposes your LastFM password - it was
always in the
slimserver.pref file before so it's not a great additional risk, but
I hope
to add a way of hiding this later.

If you have multiple SlimDevices units or streaming clients, you can
use
a different Last.FM account with each one.  On each player, use the
remote
to navigate through Plugins -> Audioscrobbler Submitter -> Select
Audioscrobbler Account and choose the account to use for that
player.

As ever keep reporting bugs issues etc, however as a reference point I
can say it is working with:

6.5b1 on WinXP and lastFM (playing lastFM streams as well as
submitting). Using 2 user accounts, but all submissions on the primary
account.

See my sig for what I've listened to :)

Malcolm

--