On Sun, Oct 04, 2020 at 04:15:23PM -0400, Shawn H Corey wrote:
> On 2020-10-04 4:01 p.m., Dmitry Karasik wrote:
> > Indeed, either don't use ":" in "something", or use the full syntax, or we
> > may
> > extend the syntax so that "\:" and "\\" expand to the unquoted symbols.
>
> Use the POD escape sequence instead: E<0x3A> and E<0x20>
>
> Also think about this:
>
> =for image src:C:\Somewhere On My Disk\image.png

This one should be off limits: the discussion on the github led to a consensus
that
local and remote URIs are actually okay to be merged into single "src:". One
can,
if really wanted, write some sort of escape, but all bets are off.

Also, I think the pod escape sequences not necessarily should be applicable
here.
If, as Russ suggests in another thread, use a full YAML vs YAML-like, which I
like a lot,
then YAML escaping should be done then, whatever the YAML standard dictates.

Also, I was wrong about multiline =for, it pretty much exists. So one can do
just this:

=for image
src:foo.png
text: text