On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 11:16:00PM +0100, Bas Schulte wrote:

> in my quest to use http keep-alives in the concurrent http requests I
> want to do (from JobQueue worker sessions), I'm looking at both modules
> and wonder what the differences are? They seem very similar in function?
>
> Am I correct when I'm thinking that as P::C::C::UserAgent is based on
> LWP::UserAgent, it does support keep-alive (LWP::UserAgent does)?

I think it's based on LWP::Parallel::UserAgent.  To be honest, I have
no idea whether it supports keep-alive.

> I did snoop around P::C::C::HTTP and have some ideas how to add this
> functionality but hopefully I don't have to ;)

I hope you don't have to either.  A couple people have submitted
patches to PoCo::Client::HTTP to add in keep-alive.  I just need to
make time to maintain the component, and all should be well.

If they're reading, I hope they offer you a chance to try out some
0day P03 w4r3z.  You could provide some preliminary testing before I
get around to it.

--
Rocco Caputo - http://poe.perl.org/