--On Wednesday, October 11, 2006 15:54:13 +0200 Robert Felber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Actually we don't call any rounding-magic and let perl do its stuff. Thus
some divisions will look nasty. As soon as I have 0.1.14 beta out I will
do all the remaining stuff (including rounding) in 0.1.15 devel (the
userbase is growing  and reports more frequent, which wasn't the case
before). 0.1.14 beta must wait though - there is still a known unresolved
issue when handling /etc/hosts NS servers which are not available.
Policyd-weight freaked out on a SuSe because of this condition.

Perhaps the solution to that is to include at least one, hard-coded fallback NS that is known to be reliably available? That wouldn't solve the problem entirely, because, if the client is processing mail and a router upstream begins flapping, *nothing* is going to work, but it should at least ameliorate the problem. Perhaps a time out with a soft failure would be appropriate? Maybe policyd could queue messages until it can reach an NS?

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/