On Mon, 20 Sep 2021 18:29:15 +0200
Solene Rapenne <sol...@perso.pw> wrote:

> the gkrellm plugin gkrellmwireless is looking for wi* interfaces
> and a poor attempt at adding iwm0 to the list make it crash.
>
> it's useless for people with no wi hardware and I'm not even
> sure it would still work.
>
> The port sysutils/gkrellm/plugins/wireless is in its 10th
> revision, HOMEPAGE is 404, MASTER_SITES is 404 too.
>
> If someone with a wi hardware could check if it works for them that
> would be great, otherwise I'd propose removal of that port.

I have an old wi(4) but can't use it, because it has no wpa,

wi0 at macobio0 offset 0x30000 irq 57:
wi0: Firmware 8.70 variant 1, address 00:30:65:1d:9f:51

# ifconfig wi0 nwid ___ wpakey ___
ifconfig: SIOCS80211WPAPSK: Inappropriate ioctl for device

This wi is an old Apple AirPort 802.11b in a macppc G4 Cube
(PowerMac5,1) from 2001.  No wi(4) can go faster than 802.11b, but
most people want at least 802.11g.  Because wi is so old and slow,
we might not find a wi user.

--George