Le Sun, Jul 16, 2023 at 09:16:55PM +0200, Matthieu Herrb a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I've now finished a first draft set of ports to get sway running on
> OpenBSD.
>
> The good news is that sway works over the existing mesa version in
> Xenocara, so building a custom mesa is not needed (at least for now).
>
> I've made all those ports available there :
> https://gitlab.tetaneutral.net/mherrb/wl-ports
>
> This include the 2 ports I've posted here already, including fixes for
> jca@'s comments. (graphics/libliftoff and sysutils/libdisplay-info)
>
> Other ports are not really suited for import in the main ports tree
> for now. This is mainly because there are still a number of bugs, but
> also because I used non released versions of seatd and wlroots (the
> latests existing releases have bugs and linuxisms that make an OpenBSD
> port more painful than their development branches).
>
> I've pointed to my forks of the different projects as MASTER_SITE for
> these ports for now. The goal is to move back to the original distrib
> files as soon as good enough releases are made. My branches will
> either be submitted for merging upstreams or shipped as patches.
>
> Also the libinput-openbsd sources are kind of hackish. They were
> derived from the official libinput from 2016, with some later changes
> folded back in, but the main project has re-factored and moved sources
> files around. I think more work needs to be done to either fully fork
> this and remove remnants from the original code that aren't needed or
> to re-align it with the Linux libinput repository.
>
> I'm taking patches, both to the ports and to the forked repositories
> (see MASTER_SITES or the Waylan on OpenBSD doc below).
> I'm going to maintain them for now to keep track of the work.
>
> If anyone wants to give ok to commit some of these to OpenBSD, I'll do
> that and remove the corresponding ports from the wl-ports
> repository. But apart for the 2 already submmitted, they all depend on
> non-ready ports imho.

there's imo one thing to consider before linking anything to the build:
assess how much of the portstree will detect the evdev/libinput headers,
and what will break from that.

there's nothing preventing those ports from being imported (even if you
point at your own forks), they can be improved in-tree and switched to
the upstream sources once patches are upstreamed/cleaned up.

thanks for the tremendous amount of exploratory work here, promising!

Landry