On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 8:36 AM, Andreas Bihlmaier
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello ports@,
>
> after reading an article in a German magazine about building a very
> cheap (6 Euros) LCD connected to LPT, I build one.
>
> A LCD is much nicer with software to make use of it.
> That is the reason for my port of lcdproc.
> Really cool to have them on private "server" machines to see when the
> newest release is done building without switching on the screen.

I just got a machine that has a built-in usb LCD too, so I now have
test hardware.

Some random notes:
- any platform that has or could have usb or serial should be able to
run this - just chop out parallel goo on platforms that don't have it
- platforms that don't have serial, parallel or usb should be able to
run a client, the daemon and an x11 emulator.
- i don't want to install the METAR module to have an lcd driver. you
could subpackage the METAR display script in its own little package
with a dependency on this module.

I'll give this a spin on my amd64 and sparc64 also...

CK