On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 7:46 AM, Antoine Jacoutot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Aug 2008, Chris Kuethe wrote:
>
>> here's a port of avarice. "AVaRICE is a program which interfaces the
>> GNU Debugger GDB with the AVR JTAG ICE available from Atmel." lightly
>> tested with the STK600 and the JTAGICE_MKII.
>
> It looks fine although I have no idea how to use this.

I don't have much idea of how to use it either, i've only just got the
starter kit and i have some tutorials to try this weekend. on the
upside, i'm pretty sure basic functionality works because i can pull
the chip signature and serial numbers and they match the output from
Atmel's tools under Windows. :)

> On a side note, I get this for port-lib-depends-check on macppc:
> Extra:         iberty.8

whereas on i386, port-lib-depends-check says i need that.... artifact
of messing with debugger/bfd internals?

# make port-lib-depends-check

avarice-2.7:
WANTLIB:       iberty.9 (/usr/local/bin/avarice) (system lib)
Asking ports for dependency libiconv-1.12(converters/libiconv)
Asking ports for dependency libusb-0.1.12(devel/libusb)
Asking ports for dependency gettext-0.17(devel/gettext)
        WANTLIB += iberty