On 11/06/2009, at 10:53 AM, Brad wrote:

On Wednesday 10 June 2009 20:31:02 Ian McWilliam wrote:
On 10/06/2009, at 10:41 PM, Ian McWilliam wrote:
Attached is a work in progress for Samba 3.3.4.

It is far from complete.............

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Release_Planning_for_Samba_3.0

"End-Of-Life the Samba 3.0 series on July 1, 2009"

With the end-of-life for the current samba 3.0.x, it is time to work
on a more modern replacement.

NOTE: with this work in progress, all of the man pages are busted. I
haven't looked too closely as to why yet, though
there seems to be a bunch of crappy macros defined in the top of the
man pages that were not there in the 3.0.x series.

man: Formatting manual page...
/usr/local/man/man8/smbpasswd.8:57: fatal error: input stack limit
exceeded (probable infinite loop)

I'll keep hacking on this as I find some spare time. If anyone else
wants to jump in and help, I suggest untaring the attached
into your ports/mystuff/ directory and not over the the top of the
existing net/samba directory for now.

It builds and basic functionality has been tested to date on amd64
only.

Ian McWilliam

<wip-samba3.3.4.tgz>

Unified diff against the net/samba port as requested. I make no
guarantee that this diff will apply correctly. YMMV. ;-)

use patch -E as things are deleted and added.

The following patches are removed for now. (some may return in the
future???) :

patch-WHATSNEW_txt
patch-docs_manpages_swat_8
patch-lib_iconv.c
patch-libads_kerberos_keytab_c

Patches added:
patch-configure

Ian McWilliam

You missed the Makefile/distinfo files. How are you creating this? You
should be just going into ports/net/samba and running cvs -upRN after
cvs add'ing/rm'ing the files you mentioned above.

Sorry Take 2........... Missing distinfo added.

I originally, long time ago, started developing this under a clean mystuff/net/samba with certain files copied over from the samba port, there is no CVS info to easily diff against. So, I have integrated my changes into a current net/samba port with CVS info to diff against, I missed copying the changed distinfo file over from the mystuff directory, that's all.

Sorry for the error.

Ian McWilliam